This post is also available in: Türkçe
1. It stimulates bone formation.
2. It improves vascularity, which leads to increased blood supply and faster bone healing.
3. Because of increased blood supply, simultaneous or preexisting osteomyelitis heals faster.
4. Preexisting deformities or deformities that ocur during treatment can be corrected without the need for anesthesia.
5. If there are no other obstacles, the patient can walk with full weight bearing right after the operation. Thus, there is no serious hampering of social and economic life.
6. Because mobility of the proximal and distal joints is allowed after the operation, joint stiffness and osteroporosis are seen much less frequently when compared with the patients who are immobilized in a cast for a long period.
1. Joint motion and full weight bearing during treatment.
2. Elbow movements after treatment. Radiologic appearance.